Although our service offering is titled forensic auditing the fact of the matter is that a forensic investigation by its very nature does not constitute an audit and therefore the correct terminology is in fact a forensic investigation or then the practice of forensic accounting.
Our forensic department is headed by one of our partners, Jaco Hamman who holds a Masters degree in Forensic Accounting as well as a LLB degree. Prior to joining Hahn & Hahn attorneys Jaco formed part of PricewaterhouseCoopers’ forensic division which is currently the biggest Auditing firm in the world.
We have the combination off all the skills that are needed to effectively investigate fraud and corruption and to assist our clients to manage their risks. We are a team of professional people who conduct forensic investigations of the highest quality.
Being a law firm our clients have the advantage of legal privilege. Our unique blend of skills and expertise enables us to provide services to a wide range of clients. We are a multi-disciplined team which includes amongst others, forensic accountants, chartered accountants, admitted attorneys and investigators.
Our team members are respectively accredited by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), the Institute of Commercial Forensic Practitioners (ICFP), the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) and/or the Law Society of South Africa (LSSA).
Our experience includes:
- Investigations and analysis relating to fraudulent and or corrupt activities;
- Procurement Fraud and Theft
- Conflict of interest verifications of suppliers and employees
- Internal and external investigations on staff members in dishonesty related matters and fraudulent activity
- Fraudulent contract applications, both single and syndicate related applications, sabotage of computer systems, dealer fraud, etc
- Profiling fraud syndicates and identifying linked accounts, patterns / trends and techniques to provide information that will enhance fraud prevention capabilities;
- Forensic accounting
- Lifestyle audits
- Disciplinary procedural support
- Vetting and asset tracing
- Business intelligence on entities and individuals
- Data analysis
- Investigations of labour related misconduct and internal disciplinary enquiries
- Expert testimony in criminal and civil trails as well as disciplinary enquiries
- Performing of fraud risk assessments
As part of our investigation methodology we use Analyst Notebook which allows us to quickly and effectively turn large volumes of data into actionable intelligence with powerful and rich analysis capabilities.
Should you require our assistance or have some questions contact Jaco Hamman at 012 431 2480 or firstname.lastname@example.org